It has been a long while since I did a favorite things list! Now that we’re 2 whole years old, I figured we could share some of the fun things he loves. It’s geared towards summer a little and our travel life with going somewhere almost every weekend. These things are what he and we love!
Please know that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.
Click on any of the linked items below to be taken
to the page in Amazon to purchase!
- Water table – He absolutely loves to splash and make a mess in his water table. His aunt and one of my long-time friends bought him this for his 1st birthday but he can now reach all of the fun things on it. The water cannon is his absolute favorite part since he can “hit” mom and dad with it! “FIRE IN THE HOLE!”
- Amazon Fire Tablet – This is his “TV” as he calls it. We only use it for car rides that are longer than an hour usually. We do not intend to be sticklers, but because that’s a long time we ask a toddler to ride with us and we do it very often. We don’t use our tablet inside the house usually, mainly because we don’t use one ourselves. This is a perfect size and does what we need it to do for him! Not too costly and keeps up with the current streaming apps we use.
- Stasher bags – These bags are my favorite for snacks and a million other things outside of only kid’s stuff. We have been buying them for a few years now to create a nice collection. They are not super cheap, but they are cost savers in the long run. The best part about them, they’re dishwasher safe! They come in all sorts of colors and sizes too. Our favorite are any of the standup ones! I recently saw a hack that you put the bag over your herbs, like cilantro, and place the stems into a water jar so they create their own greenhouse and stay fresh longer! Who knew?!
- Water WOW books – They use a water pen that keeps this activity clean and mess free! We like to use them on trips and to occupy him while waiting in a doctors office for the ridiculous amount of time you sit there. They sell them all over. I’ve bought them on Amazon and in TJ Maxx or Marshalls for quick gifts. He loves all the different ones out there.
- Lego DUPLOs – This is a new favorite for him! His aunt & uncle got him these for his birthday knowing he’s just like his cousin. He enjoys picking all the different kinds of legos out and stacking random creations. They’re great for getting creative and letting him explore his imagination. Also, the big ones are best for parents so you don’t die on the smaller ones when you step on them.
- Kid Recliner – This is by far his favorite thing in the house. We got this for Christmas last year, but his rear end is in it every morning and evening! He lounges like a little old man and will ask for it to be “up” with his feet kicked back and hands behind his head with his favorite cartoon on.
- Fishing Sets – He received two different sets of these and both are so much fun for him and us. His dad is a big fisherman so he already knows fishing is part of his life. Now that he has his own play rods, we catch fish most mornings! The one set is magnets with colors and numbers on the fish. The other set has plastic hooks and rings on the fish to catch. That set even has a measuring tape and booklet to know which fish you caught! These are right up his alley to enjoy some indoor play!
- Large Puzzles by Melissa & Doug – We have enjoyed playing with puzzles for a while now. The chunky ones like this are certainly a young toddler’s favorite to position into place and learn what they are. We have a few different ones that include his name, Disney Mickey set, and a zoo animal set.
- OXO Tot Perch Booster Seat with Straps, Taupe – This seat is a perfect transition for us from highchair to the table with us. Now our kid likes to tell us when he’s ready for things and we haven’t used our highchair in almost a year. We love this booster because it gives him independence at the table with us and lets him sit high enough to enjoy his meals, when he wants them. It’s small and easy enough to remove and travel with if need be too!
Let us know if you snag any of these items or have them already and how you like them! They also serve as great gifts for those in your life with littles. I am sure my list to continue to grow, but we don’t need to overwhelm anyone with how many items are actually in and around our house!